The first earth day was celebrated on April 22, 1970 as a 'national teach-in on the environment'.
"Earth Day 1970 achieved a rare political alignment, enlisting support from Republicans and Democrats, rich and poor, urban dwellers and farmers, business and labor leaders. By the end of 1970, the first Earth Day led to the creation of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and the passage of the Clean Air, Clean Water and Endangered Species Acts."
April 2022 | Earth Day Celebrations
Check back here to find ways to engage in Earth Day activities!
- CU President’s Sustainable Solutions Challenge
- Thursday, March 17th UC 122 – Proposal/Pitch Workshop
- Friday, April 1st online – Proposal Deadline
- Thursday, April 7th Dwire 121 – UCCS Pitch Night
- Green Action Fund | The Last Mountain Documentary Screening
- Thursday, April 14th 4-5:30pm | MOSAIC Office
- Sustainability in Progress (SIP): Our Water System and Meeting Future Demand
- Wednesday, April 20th 8-9am | Virtual RSVP here or in-person at the Colorado Springs Utilities Conservation & Environmental Center, 2855 Mesa Road
- Fountain Creek Brewshed® Alliance | Liquid Lecture Series – Colorado Springs Sustainability
- Wednesday, April 20th 6pm | Storybook Brewing
- Earth Days: The Seeds of Revolutions - Film Screening + Seed-centered crafts
- Thursday, April 21st 4-7pm | Kraemer Family Library
- Earth Day – What Brings You Hope? - Tabling & Chalking
- Friday, April 22nd 10:30am-1pm | El Pomar Plaza
- UCCS Lead – Day of Service – Partnership with Who Gives a Scrap - RSVP Here.
- Saturday, April 23rd 9am-12:30pm
- Sustainable Hygiene Products Make n’ Take Workshop
- Wednesday, April 27th 1-3pm Student Life Lounge in the University Center
- Clean the Stream volunteer opportunity
- Friday, April 29th 1-3pm Meet at UHall Lot 100