Sustainability Strategic Plan
The UCCS Sustainability Strategic Plan 2020 sunset this past December. The Sustainability Committee has been working to complete the UCCS Sustainability Strategic Plan 2030 by engaging our community.
These pages will provide you with institutional knowledge and background information, drafts of future goals, and ways to engage and provide feedback.
Want to stay up-to-date on the planning process? Sign-up for the Office of Sustainability newsletter here.
Are you faculty, staff, or student at UCCS? Are you a Colorado Springs community member? Are you invested in helping make UCCS more sustainable?
Then we need your feedback, suggestions and engagement!
How can you support the 2030 plan?
- Complete this feedback form with ideas of what would make UCCS more sustainable
- Visit one of our tabling sessions every Tues/Thurs 11am-12pm in September and October.
- Sept. 7 + 9 | Columbine Hall
- Sept. 14 + 16 | University Hall
- Sept. 21 + 23 | Recreation & Wellness Center
- Sept. 27 + 30 | Ent Center for the Arts
- Oct. 5 + 7 | Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Oct. 12 + 14 | Centennial
- Oct. 19 + 21 | University Center across from Sanitorium Grounds
- Oct. 26 + 28 | Roaring Fork Dining Hall
- Attend our 5th annual Sustainability Summit on Thursday, November 11th 9:30am-1:30pm in Kettle Creek located in the Roaring Fork Dining Hall. RSVP here.
- Attend our Feedback Forum on Monday, November 15th 11:30-1:30pm in the KFL 2nd floor apse.
- Talk about it! The more people who know about the plan, the more we can work towards reaching our goals!
Foster a culture of sustainability at UCCS and beyond.
Cultivate excellence in research and teaching related to sustainability, climate change, energy, and environmental justice and equity.
Model sustainability, efficiency, and innovation in our campus operations, infrastructure, and facilities management.
Engage UCCS students, faculty, and staff, and members of the Colorado Springs community with events and programming related to sustainability.
Historical UCCS Sustainability Information
UCCS has submitted four comprehensive reports through the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating Systems (STARS) platform. STARS is a transparent, self-reporting framework for colleges and universities to measure their sustainability performance.
Click here to review the UCCS Cimate Action Plan.
Click here to view the previous Sustainability Strategic Plan.